Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I'm back

Long time, no hear! I was out of commission for a few days, thanks to Direct TV. I had them out here to look at my satellite because it goes out every time it rains, or is about to rain. They replaced the dish and installed it in a new place, however in the midst of all the work, they messed up my cable modem line.

I have had nothing but problems since going to satellite last year. When it works, it's great, but if you need a technician, look out! I've had at least 10 of them and each one complains about the last one's work. Finally, today, a senior tech leveled with me. He said I need it completely rewired because of all the hack work they've done. It's a good thing I bought the protection plan.

More to come....

6 comments:

M said...

Yeesh! I was wondering what was happening! (Of course, I could have picked up that modern technological device the telephone!)

Jim Marquis said...

Hey, welcome back! We missed you.
I was tempted into checking out Direct TV but I've talked to a few people who've been less than satisfied. Digital cable is expensive but it seems to be pretty much trouble-free.

Snave said...

Good to have you back, I was wondering what had happened to you!

We haven't had any trouble with DirecTV. We have internet service through Verizon (DSL) and I LOVE that!

Lizzy said...

Thanks! It's nice to be missed. I missed you guys, too.

So far, so good for the DirecTV. It's been raining all morning and the TV reception hasn't flinched. As long as it stays like this, especially through the winter, I'll keep the dish. Like I said before, when it works, its great. I especially LOVE the DirecTV Tivo. Tivo rocks. I think it's one of the best tech inventions of the last 10 years. It's a life changing appliance.

Damien said...

Oh god I've got to get Satellite,
I have to stand on a hillside and watch for clouds signs to get my news. I well I shall return to my humble cave.

Jim Marquis said...

Tivo is truly awesome. Now all I need is a clone who can go to my job so I can stay home and catch up on the stuff I've recorded.