Friday, January 28, 2005

1 Year Ago Today

One year ago today, I quit smoking.

I smoked very sporadically in my teens, but I didn't like it. I didn't become addicted to cigarettes until 1987, when I was 22, which was a late start in most circles.

It's weird, now when I come across a smoker, I think to myself, how can they do that? It's going to kill them. I've come a long way. Plus, the smell is disgusting.

If you are a smoker, it's time to quit. My tools were the fear of cancer, the patch, and the Nicotrol Inhaler. It worked.

I think I'll celebrate with a smoke - just kidding!

2 comments:

M said...

Happy anniversary! You remember how heavy a smoker I was - when we were roommates, too. I'm so glad I stopped and I hope Mitchell never ever picks one up in his life. I believe I would not have the chronic asthma I have today if it hadn't been for cigarettes.

I quit with accupuncture, if anyone needs another idea.

Jim Marquis said...

Quitting smoking is the best thing I've ever done (besides marrying my wife). You're going to live a lot longer. Congrats!