I got tagged by Larry of the excellent blogs, "Let's Talk" & "Let's Talk About It." It was an honor to be recognized by one of the best bloggers.The rules, created by The Thinking Blog, are thus:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
Below are the five blogs I chose that makes you Think.
1. Pissed on Politics: Of all the bloggers I know, PoliShifter is, by far, the most wonderfully prolific. I read his blog several times a day. In this age of dumbed-down MSM news, PoliShifter keeps it very real. His anger is palpable, which I find inspiring. (I even proposed to him once.)
2. Major Conflict: When I started blogging three years ago, I thought I was writing in a vacuum...that was until J. Marquis came along. He was the first one to find me, and we have been buddies ever since. Whether Jim is writing original posts, or reposting some of the best articles on the Internets, his blog always makes me think. I love his tagline: "Taking the country back, one talking point at a time." Hell yeah!
3. Various Ecstasies: Jim's friend, Snave, was the second one to find me, and again, we have been friends ever since. Sometimes I think of Snave as the male version of me, as we share OCD, among other things. Snave is a thoroughly researched blogger that often gives me a different perspective on things...and his "disgusting scatological humor" is always good for a laugh.
4. CouchWarfare: The third blogger to find me was none other than New Zealand's Damien Morgan. Damien is a fantastic artist and can often say more with one illustration than 1000 words. He is truly an international man of mystery...someday we'll find out what he does for a living.
5. Who Hijacked Our Country?: Tom Harper's blog is always a good read. Tom has a thoughtful and clever take on the news. His post "Jerry Falwell Speaks, " was one of my favorite blog posts ever.
I wish I could have included more. Liberty Lost, When the World Is Running Down, Blognonymous, Chapterhouse, A Thought Vacuum, Morning Martini, and Wreckening Force could all have easily been on this list.
Thanks, Lizzy. I've really enjoyed our time together here in the blogosphere.
Thanks Lizzy, but both my sites have already recieved the Thinking Blog Awards.
There's a lot of blogs that you listed that deserve the award.
I changed it. Thanks, LT.
Thanks Lizzy. Appreciate it.
I've recieved the Thinking Blog Award as well so don't feel bad about not including me.
Let's talk was kind enough to give it to me.
I just don't have enough time for meme's to pass it along.
OOPS! I guess me and "thinking" is an oxymoron. I just remembered, I was tagged on May 21st. I was just now looking through some earlier posts of the blogger who tagged me, and I saw his May 21st post where I got tagged. I'd forgotten all about it. I didn't realize at the time that that meant I was supposed to do my own post tagging 5 other bloggers, and I left 2 days later for a 2-1/2 week vacation. So it kind of fell through the cracks.
Sorry about that.
Hey I got my butt tagged I'm putting together my own list now and checking it twice. Cheers Lizzyness.
You're welcome, guys. I'm not changing it again, though!
Thanks for the kind words Lizzy..I very much appreciate and am still flattered that perhaps one day we may marry...
Maybe in a parallel universe we are already married...;)
Perhaps. : )
Post a Comment