I got tagged by Larry of the excellent blogs, "Let's Talk" & "Let's Talk About It." It was an honor to be recognized by one of the best bloggers.The rules, created by The Thinking Blog, are thus:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).
Below are the five blogs I chose that makes you Think.
1. Pissed on Politics: Of all the bloggers I know, PoliShifter is, by far, the most wonderfully prolific. I read his blog several times a day. In this age of dumbed-down MSM news, PoliShifter keeps it very real. His anger is palpable, which I find inspiring. (I even proposed to him once.)
2. Major Conflict: When I started blogging three years ago, I thought I was writing in a vacuum...that was until J. Marquis came along. He was the first one to find me, and we have been buddies ever since. Whether Jim is writing original posts, or reposting some of the best articles on the Internets, his blog always makes me think. I love his tagline: "Taking the country back, one talking point at a time." Hell yeah!
3. Various Ecstasies: Jim's friend, Snave, was the second one to find me, and again, we have been friends ever since. Sometimes I think of Snave as the male version of me, as we share OCD, among other things. Snave is a thoroughly researched blogger that often gives me a different perspective on things...and his "disgusting scatological humor" is always good for a laugh.
4. CouchWarfare: The third blogger to find me was none other than New Zealand's Damien Morgan. Damien is a fantastic artist and can often say more with one illustration than 1000 words. He is truly an international man of mystery...someday we'll find out what he does for a living.
5. Who Hijacked Our Country?: Tom Harper's blog is always a good read. Tom has a thoughtful and clever take on the news. His post "Jerry Falwell Speaks, " was one of my favorite blog posts ever.
I wish I could have included more. Liberty Lost, When the World Is Running Down, Blognonymous, Chapterhouse, A Thought Vacuum, Morning Martini, and Wreckening Force could all have easily been on this list.