Friday, January 27, 2006

At least he tried

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry has urged his Democratic colleagues to unite and filibuster Judge Samuel Alito's nomination to the Supreme Court.

"Judge Alito's confirmation would be an ideological coup on the Supreme Court," Kerry said in a written statement. "We can't afford to see the court's swing vote, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, replaced with a far-right ideologue like Samuel Alito."


From Lizzy:
Unfortunately, the few (sometimes) brave Democrats like Kerry, Hillary, Kennedy and Feinstein aren't going to be enough to stop the Alito machine. But, for today, at least I can say...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll believe it when I see it. Frankly if the word "filibuster" isn't coming out of Russ Feingold's mouth, I don't believe it will happen. Here's to hoping that I'm wrong.