Sunday, April 15, 2007

"President Shit-For-Brains"


On HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher last Friday night, Bill's panel included Dana Carvey, Fmr. Sen. Bill Bradley (D-NJ), and former White House Press Secretary, Scott McClellan.
Bill Bradley was great, Dana Carvey was annoying, and Scott McClellan was still towing the Bush line. Maher tried to get McClellan to face to truth about the war, but it was like talking to a brick wall. I was hoping that now that McClellan is no longer part of the Bush admin, he would let it all out and speak freely, but that wasn't happenin'
The best part of the show, as always, was New Rules. At one point Bill Maher called Bush, "President Shit-For-Brains" and then looked over and said, sorry, Scott. That little exchange made my whole week.
As soon as someone posts the clip on YouTube, I'll get it on here.

11 comments:

M said...

Glad you got to watch it. Yes, I loved Bill's New Rules this week. And Dana Carvey was really starting to annoy me - much like Robin Williams when he's on there.

LET'S TALK said...

Bill really has a way of talking about this President and yes, I loved what he called him last Friday night as well.

I concur with you that Bill Bradley was really great and Dana Carvey was very annoying.

I want even speak on Scott (little Bush) McClellan.

Jim Marquis said...

I've always loved Dana Carvey's comedy but he annoyed me so much I kept having to change the channel.

I was wondering if McClellan had any idea how idiotic he sounded talking about how we needed to give Bush more time...

Elvez73 said...

I saw that episode too and I loved Bill's new moniker for W. I agree with your assessment of the panel too, I don't remember Carvey being that annoying but he really was. Bradley is always a fave, I voted for him against Gore in our dem primary, and I have hoped to see him get back into politics. Scotty "Puffy Mcmoonface" Mcclellan, as my fave left wing talker Stefanie Miller calls him, was still acting like he was the Press Sec, and still utterly clueless.

LET'S TALK said...

lizzy, tomcat over at Politics Plus has the video.

Sheryl said...

It sounds surreal. I watch so little TV that television has become an unusual experience for me. But what you described does sound surreal to me, especially calling the President Shit-For-Brains and then apologizing to Bush's former spokesman. Weird.

1138 said...

Draft Bill Bradley

Lizzy said...

I think Bill should have shock device under the desk for when he has guests like Robin Williams & Dana Carvey, or anyone else that acts stupidly or monopolizes the time.

I am a fan of Robin & Dana's, but this is not the forum for them.

Didn't you guys want to grab McClellan through the TV screen and shake him, or slap him across the face a few times?! It's like, come on already. Quit drinking the Kool-Aid, Scott. It's over. BUSH lost the war.

Thanks for the link, lets talk.

Anonymous said...

I've known some shit-for-brains people, and they'd be highly insulted being compared to GW Bush.

Snave said...

Still don't have HBO, still don't get to watch Maher, but I have lots of respect for the guy and his opinions. Great video clip. I LOVE the idea of an electric shock device for irritating guests.

Lizzy said...

LOL, Tom!

Thanks, Snave. : )

And, thanks to YouTube for providing Maher clips to the HBO-deprived.