Saturday, July 31, 2004

VHS to DVD Business

A while back, I had an idea for a business for myself, and now it is finally happening. I will not say the name of my business here, because my last name is a part of it, but I will tell you what the business is.

A couple of years ago, I started trying my hand at video editing using many different programs. I used our family's own home movies to practice. I learned how to physically get analog footage into a PC, then edit, add music, transitions, and titles. And, I learned how to burn the footage to DVD.

Now that I have some experience under my belt, I am beginning to do it for others. I take peoples old home movies, clean them up, and transfer them to DVD. I believe this is a good business to get into because almost everyone has old home movies that are in need of saving. VHS tapes do not last.

Right now I am working on a project for one of my cousins. I am making her a slideshow with music for her mother's (my great aunt) birthday.

I will not do much advertising because I am already getting work by word-of-mouth. However, I may put up a website in the future. If I do, I will post a link on my blog.

Bye for now...

No comments: