Snave of Various Ecstasies (see links) tagged me! (Thanks?) I have to post eight random facts or habits about myself.
1. I have OCD (surprise, surprise!) However, I am beginning to wonder if I've been misdiagnosed. I think my symptoms lean more toward GAD, but I do have Trichotillomania, so maybe the doctors are right. It's hard to tell.
2. I rotate everything. Sure, it makes sense to rotate food, so the old stuff gets eaten first, but I also do it with clothes, towels, dishes, silverware, glasses, paper products, etc.
A while back when I suspected Tom was pulling his underwear from the bottom instead of the top, I numbered them with a Sharpie to see if my suspicions were correct. I was right -- he wasn't going along with the rotating program. It's been a bone of contention ever since, because he keeps doing it. (Stop it, Tom!)
3. When changing the sheets, I have occasionally used a tape measure to make sure the top sheet was even on both sides.
4. I thought the town of Pensacola was called "Pepsi Cola" until I was 14 years old.
5. I was the last of my friends to learn how to tie my shoes, tell time, do long division, and ride a bike. Still to this day, I have a tendency to be a slow learner, but once I get it, I get it good.
6. While some people think I dress like a lesbian, in reality, I am very much a girly-girl. I love the color pink....and I have wanted my own tiara for years. On the flip-side, I have only painted my toenails twice.
7. I have been a vegetarian for 23 years.
8. Other than pasta and veggie burgers, I don't know how to cook. My Mom used to try to teach me, but I always said no. Bad decision on my part.
9. While I am an agnostic, I do worship the sun. (Oops, that was 9, oh well.)
So there are the facts on me. I copied & pasted the rules. I don't know why some letters are capitalized. Actually, it kind of bugs me.
All RIght, here are the RUles:
1. We HAVe to post these RUles beFORE we give you the facts.
2. PlAYers start with eight RANdom facts/HAbits about thEMSElves.
3. PEople who are tagGED need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these RUles.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagGED and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a COmment telling them they’re tagGED, and to read your blog. (I might rebel and not do that part.)
Here are the winners (see links):
Larry of "Let's Talk" & "Let's Talk About It"
Al of "Wreckoning Force" (BTW, where have you been, Al?)
Candace of "Chapterhouse"
Pissed off Patricia of "Morning Martini"
1138 of "Liberty Lost"
PoliShifter of "Pissed On Politics"
JollyRoger of "Reconstitution 2.0"
Lew of "Unbrainwashed" (even though I'm still not on his blogroll...was it something I said?)
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for tag but I have has my meme shot and I'm immune to tags and memes.
I loved reading your list. We have a hell of a lot in common
Hey, those are good! Re. your #4, when I was a little kid reciting the pledge of allegiance, I used to wonder what "widget stands" were.
I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was about 7, and I know I was in third grade when I finally learned to tie my shoes. It took me until about age 10 to learn to swim.
Some people think I'm gay when they first meet me, but I am very much a manly-man! It isn't do to my way of dressing, but more due to me being in touch with my feminine side more than lots of guys are. It used to get frustrating in college because I would be propositioned often by gay men on campus. I would always politely tell them I was straight, and then I would curse inside, thinking "Why aren't women this interested in me?" Heh!
Snave- you're straight? (ha,ha)
Lizzy- I definitely share #9 with you.
PoP, Which ones do we have in common?
Snave, "widget stands" hehe
And, there we go again having more things in common. I'm glad I'm not alone on some of this stuff.
J, Yes, indeed. Speaking of questioning the existence of god, have you ever seen this George Carlin bit? He's right on.
George Carlin on religion
I believe in conservation. Recycle!!! Recycle!!! Recycle!!! :)
LMAO about numbering his shorts with a Sharpie!!! I can just see it -
Lizzy quietly opens Tom's underwear drawer, looks around, shifty-eyed. No one sees her. Good. Slips hands inside, checks to see if shorts are still in numerical order. They are not... AS I SUSPECTED ... she mutters.
Lizzy... Measuring the bedsheets? Whoa! That's over the top. ;-)
Hey Snave, I was 12 when I finally taught myself to swim, and it was only due to the sheer embarrassment of showing up at the public pool (where there were...you know...girls!) and not being able to jump in the deep end.
I have done your evil bidding and now can rest in peace!
That rotating thing totally reminds me of my mother, I thought she was the only person on earth who did that! The pepsi cola thing is hilarious.
Lizzy, I don't normally do these type of memes, but I shall give it a shot this one time.
Jollyroger, Good list. I'm with ya on #5.
Candace, Good work! Maybe you can add that to one of your books.
kvatch, Yeah, that one is pretty bad.
Lew, As Mr Burns would say, excellent.
elvez, Does your Mom rotate all the stuff I mentioned? Do you know why she does it? I'm just curious if her reason is the same as mine. Please ask her if you get a chance. I'm thrilled that I'm not alone in this rotating madness.
Thanks, LT. I promise to never tag you again...maybe. ; )
Oh my god, kicn list lizzy, hey stay outta your mans undie draw!!!
Yeh my Mom rotated our clothes, food, and especially linens and towels. She's also a compulsive cleaner and neat freak, we have been telling her for years that she is OCD, but she doesn't see it. It doesn't bother her or my stepfather so we leave it at that. The only trait I inherited on that front from my Mom is my handwashing deal. Your not alone!
Which is better Coca-Cola or Pepsi?
ANSWER THE POLL and you could win a prepaid VISA gift card!
Post a Comment