Thursday, November 29, 2007
Lew Scannon resurfaces!
I was worried about Lew. I had visions of him being taken away in the middle of the night...and we were next. (He's just taking a break.)
Am I paranoid? Yep.
Favorite paranoia quotes:
"It isn't paranoia...if they are really trying to get you." - Author unknown
"No matter how paranoid I get, it's never enough to keep up." - Author unknown
"The truly paraniod are rarely conned." - Author unknown
"The question is not whether I'm paranoid, it's whether I'm paranoid enough." - Author unknown
"When everyone is out to get you, paranoia is only good thinking." - Author unknown
"Paranoia is knowing all the facts." - Woody Allen
"Paranoia is heightened awareness." - Author unknown
"This is the Nineties, Bubba, and there is no such thing as Paranoia. It's all true." - Hunter S Thompson
"Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're
always afraid. You step out
of line, the man come and
take you away." - Steven Stills and Buffalo Springfield, 1967
Monday, November 26, 2007
I started playing drums in the eighth grade. Later, I played the snare drum in the marching band in high school...which actually kinda sucked, because that meant I had to go to all the games and pep rallies. Being a little punk rock girl; I wasn't exactly friendly with the athletic and cheerleader types.
Back in the day, my best friend Michelle and I almost started a band. We were going to be called "Jungle Rot," but alas, it was not meant to be.
In my 20's, I sold my drum kit to my neighbor -- semi-rock star, Peter Himmelman.
Now that I'm in my 40's and around musicians a lot, I've got the bug to play again.
I bought an excellent used drum kit from a friend of mine, and with practice, a few lessons from drummer friends Cookie and Pat, I should be good to go.
I want to start a girl band!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
What Would Jesus Buy?
produced by Morgan Spurlock (Super Size Me)
directed by Rob VanAlkemade
I gotta see this film!
Some stores in MN are opening at 4AM on black Friday.
IMHO, I find all of this manic consumerism to be completely ridiculous.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Obama is having a good week. Hillary? Not so much.
From The Huffington Post:
Clinton Plants Question
Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign came under fire over the weekend for planting fake questions at town hall events, as all the Democratic candidates gathered in Iowa for the state party's pivotal Jefferson- Jackson Day dinner.
The Clinton campaign arranged for a college student to ask a "canned" question at an event on Tuesday, which was first reported on Friday by Patrick Caldwell, a writer for Scarlet and Black, a student newspaper at Grinnell College. The student, Muriel Gallo-Chasanoff, said a senior Clinton staffer told her what question to ask after Clinton finished her remarks.
The latest UNH/Boston Globe poll of likely Democratic NH primary voters has been released and as teased on Friday, it shows a net drop in Clinton's lead over Obama of 9%. This follows on the heels of the Marist poll, which showed a 10% net drop since October and the Rasmussen poll, which showed a 6% net drop since October.
Starting Gate: Obama Wows 'Em In Iowa
The Barack Obama boomlet has apparently begun. The Illinois senator is getting rave reviews for his speech at the Iowa Democratic Party's Jefferson-Jackson dinner Saturday night. (more...)
So...every time I hear someone say that Hillary is going to be the candidate, I remind them that there is still some time left and you never know what's gonna happen.
Obama's latest speeches, and his Meet the Press interview were great. I hope he keeps this up.
He just may pull this thing out.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Over the years, I've heard that some dogs, especially pugs, can see TV. I never believed it until I got Stella, my black pug. Stella is the third pug I've had in my lifetime, and the first to have this ability.
She enjoys watching TV. I've never seen anything like it. She's always on the lookout for animals to attack, whether it's dogs on Animal Planet, or the Nasonex animated bee.
When she sees the "intruder," she runs up and attacks the TV, and then looks around to see where it went. When she can't find it, she goes after poor Norman, which he completely doesn't understand.
She also does this to computer monitors. If she sees another pug, it's especially vicious.
Here is a small sampling. (Sorry it's so dark.)
Friday, November 09, 2007
While driving around town today, I noticed something, or should I say, I noticed the lack of something.
I didn't see any "Support Our Troops" yellow magnets on people's cars. There was one exception -- a disgusting Hummer with Army AND yellow ribbons on his
I have a small penis truck.
Those magnets used to be everywhere. I think people have finally figured out that they've been had.
I'm curious, have you noticed the same thing in your towns?
This is the sticker I've proudly displayed on my car since this whole mess began:
Get yours here: http://www.cafepress.com/beatbushgear/757236
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Thursday, November 01, 2007
This individual seeks an executive position. He will be available next January, and is willing to relocate.
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Law Enforcement: I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.
Military: I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.
College: I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE: I ran for U. S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
- I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union. During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
- I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
- I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
- With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
- I am the first President in U. S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
- I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
- I spent the U. S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U. S. Treasury.
- I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U. S. history.
- I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
- I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
- I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U. S. stock market. In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.
- I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U. S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
- I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips by a U. S. President.
- I am the all-time U. S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.
- My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U. S. History, Enron.
- My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U. S. Supreme Court during my election decision.
- I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history. I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U. S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.
- I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U. S. history.
- I changed the U. S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
- I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U. S. history.
- I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government.
- I've broken more international treaties than any President in U. S. history.
- I am the first President in U. S. history to have the United Nations remove the U. S. from the Human Rights Commission.
- I withdrew the U. S. from the World Court of Law.
- I refused to allow inspector's access to U. S. "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
- I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U. S. election).
- I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
- I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U. S. history.
- I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U. S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U. S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
- I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.
- I am the first President in U. S. history to order an unprovoked, preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U. S. citizens, and the world community.
- I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.
- In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.
- I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
- I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.
- I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.
- Yet, I am the favorite of the religious right and God-sent.
RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
-All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
- All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
- All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-president, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
PLEASE SEND THIS TO EVERY VOTER YOU KNOW!