Friday, October 14, 2005

Dems, don't blow the moment

Hi everyone. I was feeling kind of crummy last week, but I'm feeling better now. It's good to be back.

So, where are we? Bush's poll numbers are falling fast -- 38% approval rating last I looked. Delay is going down, and Frist is in trouble. Rove is about to be indicted and Fitzgerald's investigation may go to the top.

Except for a sound bite here and there, I'm still not hearing anything substantial from the Democrats. This is the opportunity of a lifetime and I fear they're blowing it.

Everyday I get solicited for donations from one campaign or another. Whether it's John Kerry, Barbara Boxer, or the DNC asking for money, I'm finding it very hard to give right now. Two things need to happen before they get another dime: quit being wimps and do something about the voting machines.

2 comments:

Damien said...

Your right there, the dems just are not seizing the opportunity. At 38% the Prez has gone from wounded goose to lame duck. Lets get the hits in now, yes hes in his final term - but come on. Although one can also see that the (potential) GOP candidates are also seeking to distance themselves (da, da, daaa).

Snave said...

I think that while there are still three years until the next presidential election, we really need to get on the ball for the House and Senate campaigns for not just 06 but also for 08! That would seem like something that would build momentum for grabbing the White House away from the creeps and keeping it away from them for a while.