Thursday, August 04, 2005

Our last birdless night



Tomorrow is the big day. I will be picking up my African Grey parrot sometime in the afternoon or early evening. This will be her new home. I think she'll be very happy here.

We've narrowed the names down to Annabel or Sylvia/Sylvie. When we get to know her better (and find out if she is, indeed, a female) her name will be decided.

Bird breeders give you 3 days to get the bird checked by a vet to make sure the bird is healthy. I have an appointment set up for Monday morning. While we're there, I'll have her DNA tested to determine the sex. I'm not sure how long it takes to get the results.

I'll keep you updated, with pics, of course!

2 comments:

Damien said...

Wow Lizzy that cage is huge it must have cost an arm and a leg.

Lizzy said...

I saved about $300 by buying it online, but it still cost me 500 bucks.

The bird is here and she is very sweet. I'll post more tomorrow.