Friday, September 03, 2004

Kerry better get ruthless

The Republicans are engaging in the most slimy unethical campaign that I have ever had the displeasure of witnessing. In strike contrast, John Kerry has taken the high road and is trying to do the right thing by running a positive campaign. However, as much as I hate to say it, Kerry is going to have to sink to their level to get the people to listen.

Kerry has to become ruthless, and he's got to do it now. He should start using monosyllabic words in short easy to understand sentences. It's just another perfect example of the dumbing down of America. G-d forbid the general public strives for more.

4 comments:

Jim Marquis said...

I still think Kerry's got a good shot but you are right in saying he's got to talk plain and start punching hard.

Everyone says Kerry is a great closer. If he can generate some passion in the debates it will make a big difference. Dubya seems to fall into some kind of mental black hole when he doesn't have a teleprompter telling him what to say. I think a lot of the undecideds base their final decision on the debates.

I'm trying hard not to get down. I've poured an obscene amount of time and brain energy into this fight ever since the last election (as I'm sure you have). I'm feeling pretty fatigued...I can't imagine what it would be like to actually work on a presidential campaign.

By the way, I finally put my picture on the blog...

Snave said...

Not only does Kerry need to start speaking in monosyllables, he needs to start wearing boots and a cowboy hat, fake a good Southern accent, smirk when he talks, and adopt an effective macho swagger. If our elections are getting to be more about style than they are about substance, Kerry needs to depict himself as more stylish.

Nah, a good scandal would work better. Maybe Kerry needs some photos of Bush in a compromising position with someone like Dick Cheney or Rush Limbaugh! Heh!

Snave said...

I was pointed this direction by J. Marquis of Are We There Yet. I probably should mention on my personal profile that I am OCD. I like the name of your blog! Without my meds, I am a compulsive worrier among other things, thus my blog is called Various Miseries. It tends to be mostly political (left) but does contain some strangeness. You are more than welcome to pay a visit!

Lizzy said...

Thanks for the great comments, J & Snave.

Snave, it's always good to hear from a fellow left-wing OCD-er. Now THAT'S a minority population for ya! : )

Would you mind if I linked to your blog? You are welcome to link to mine.