Friday, July 16, 2004

Here we go!

Hello world! My name is Liz. I was born in Brooklyn, New York in 1965. My family moved to a suburb of Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1967.  After living in the same house for many of my 39 years, I am now here to stay (I think.) My parents passed away, and I was left with our house.
 
I bet you're thinking, who cares! I just want to know about the title of this blog. I will get into it more over the upcoming days & weeks. For now, I will say that yes, I have OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder.) I was born in 1965, making me a part of generation X (those born between the early 60's & the mid 70's.) And lastly, I am a VERY proud liberal. I am making it my mission to reclaim the word "liberal." Over the last several years, the Republicans have tried to turn being a liberal into being a bad thing.
 
Here is the definition of liberal from Dictionary.com:

a. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
b. Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

 
Now, can someone tell me what's wrong with being tolerant, broad-minded, & free from bigotry? Ok, I will say this, I am intolerant of some people...for instance, the ignorant, the unintelligent, and the close-minded among us. 
 
I don't want my blog entries to be too long, so I will close for now. 
Have a wonderful Friday, and I'll "talk" with you again soon. 
 
Sincerely, Lizzy   

No comments: